Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Motivation that Inspires: How your goals will put you on auto-pilot to success

Network Marketing and MLM is a challenging adventure.

I had a serious setback in my business last week. An
affiliate program that I spent several hundred dollars to
join turns out to also have a fairly sizeable monthly fee
attached as well. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to
the details...I really wanted to have the material. And it
is invaluable content.

I was pretty pumped about offering this program as an
affiliate product because I really believe it is serious
value, so I got pretty deflated when I learned about the
monthly sustaining fee.

I was deflated--I thought about how this would get in the
way of my progress toward my goal...and then my goal kicked
in...all on it's own. I was on auto-pilot. It just took over.

I immediately began to make plans for a new strategy.
You see, I really, really want this goal. I will do what it
takes. Sure I had a few moments of "poor little old me"
(yes, I am human too) but I got back up and on the job
again.

This is the incredible power of having a goal that you can
truly own. It takes you over. It's not just an exciting or
important goal, something it would be "nice to have or to
achieve". Oh, no! To truly be an effective motivator your
goal has to be essential to your well being. Your soul must
demand that you have it.

You see, once you know what you really truly want, you
become the Thomas Edison of your business niche. You become
willing to work through 12,000 unsuccessful alternatives
until you find the way through into the light. Stumbling
blocks become stepping stones.

You work, you fail, you re-design and you move forward
again.

I have spent three quarters of my working life struggling to
achieve goals I didn't really want...what a waste. And I
believe most people are the same.

Here's the key:

Say my wife would like the million dollar house, but I'd
really prefer the freedom that would come from having the
income generated from a million dollars invested. Sure I'd
enjoy a nice home so she convinces me that the house would
be great and I begin to work toward this goal. Pretty soon
an obstacle arises and I give up.

What happened?

Very simple! It wasn't my goal. I didnt really want it...I
wanted the money.

When you set a goal make sure it's "your" goal and become
very clear on what you are willing to do to get it...but
even more important be aware of what you are "not" willing
to do.

-------------------------------------------------
Go to : http://www.homebasedbusinestheweb.com/cap/
to get my Free Book: "3 Surefire Ways to make money online"
or
Visit my website: www.successdynamix.com to learn more
about Goal Setting.

No comments: