Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Critical Steps to Online Success-You absolutely "must" know your "What" and your "Why"!

I know I talk about this a lot but in my personal
experience it's the most critical element of success.
You must know "what" you want, "why" you want it and "what
you're willing to sacrifice" to have it!

No true lasting success will happen for you until you have
this critical
ingredient in place. Knowledge, talent, skill,
charisma…these are all important; but nothing happens
without the "why".

What exactly is this elusive "why"?

Generally it's not what you first think it is. It's not
that new car or paying off your bills or anything simple
like that. These things won't keep us motivated for long.
It's much deeper than that! You must understand your
emotions behind wanting these things. How will they gratify
you? What deep need will they fill. What do they really
mean to you?

Your true "why", the one that will motivate you to
greatness, is that innermost need that isn't being
fulfilled and it's so difficult to unearth. Usually we're
hiding it from ourselves because "not" having it is just
way too painful to feel. It erodes our self respect. If it
pokes its head up we stuff it right back down again because
in our soul we believe we just aren't good enough to have
it. We give up on it and we settle for second best.

Not good enough…we've got to change that!

Let me tell you a story:

A friend of mine, a very talented man, had been up and
down in life…often having short term explosions of success
but never able to sustain them. Generally he was unhappy
with himself and the way his life was turning out.

And then one day something changed. He took on a new
focus. He found a business idea that is the right fit for
him and he began to commit. Things began to happen and
continued to happen. He was suddenly able to stay focused
sustain his success. He was filled with energy and
enthusiasm.

I was amazed. I asked him: "What happened? What's
different now?"

Here's what he said:

"I've found my WHY"! I know "what" I want to do and "why"
I want to do it!"

"I was reading a motivational book one day and it just
leapt off the page at me. It hit me like a two by four in
the face. I'd been hiding from it because it just hurt too
much to admit it to myself."

"You see, I've always deeply regretted that I've never
lived up to my potential. It's a real soul sickness. It
eats away at me. I feel I'm a failure at life. I'm gifted
with so many talents and yet I squander them uselessly."
"Suddenly I see a way to generate huge success and I'm
inspired to make it happen."

"I've always felt that I have short changed myself,
settled for second best while I watch others, often less
talented than me (in my humble opinion) vault to the head
of the pack. And I was feeling a deep hurt about that. I
didn't want to have to face the ugly truth…I was failing at
life and I hated it."

"Sure, I've had some successes from time to time; that
singing feeling when I'm in the zone and unstoppable. But
somehow I've always stepped back just when it's starting to
happen, stopped working, sat back on my laurels and let it
all slide away."

"And that's not an experience that's unique to me…in fact
it's more the norm…the human condition . Most people have
trouble sustaining success."

"Why are some people so successful while I can never seem
to commit and follow through? That's the question that
tortured me. "

"Then one day it came to me; they succeed because they
love what they're doing and they really know "why" they're
doing it. Even if they can't put it into words, the need to
succeed is overpowering."

"I have been giving up because in truth the goal I had
achieved wasn't really where I wanted to be in life. I
don't want the responsibilities that go with success in
that arena. It's just not my bag. Somehow I got suckered
into believing that was what I wanted-probably because it
looks so glamorous on the outside."

"But really I only wanted part of it. I wanted the
glory…but I definitely didn't want the ongoing burden of
responsibility involved in managing a business like that.
There's just no freedom!"

"I've been trying to win at their game instead of finding
a game that I love, for which "I'm" uniquely suited. Once I
discovered Internet Marketing and Article Writing,
everything changed for me. Here was something I could win
at…I love the work…I fit…this is where I belong."

"This time I'm on the court, I'm in the game and I'm
playing to win. This time, at a visceral level, I really
know what I want, why I want it, what I need to do to have
it. And I know I'm willing to pay the price more willingly
than ever before.

"For the first time ever I can say: I'll do whatever it
takes to win back my self respect."
"Because I've finally found my true WHY!"
That story inspires me.

You see, as humans we really love to work and achieve.
It's truly gratifying and fulfilling to be succeeding at
something we love to do. But if we're failing we have a
deep soul sickness that permeates our being. WE begin to
hate our lives.

Go and find your ideal business; the business that truly
makes you sing, unearth your "why" and everything will
change for you. You'll never have to dig down and motivate
your self again.

Success will just begin to flow, you'll live "in the zone"
and life will be a joyful experience every day.

Learn the "3 Surefire Ways to make Money Online"

http://homebasedbusinessontheweb.com/cap/


Jim Keayes is an expert Internet Marketer. He teaches people
to be successful online.

No comments: